I. Terms and Use of Digital Collections
The Charles M. Schulz Museum and Research Center (the “Museum”) has created http://schulzmuseum.pastperfectonline.com (the “Site”) in support of its mission to provide education, information, communication and personal enjoyment to the general public. Access to and use of the Site is subject to the following terms and conditions and all applicable laws. By accessing and browsing the Site, you accept, without limitation or qualification, the terms and conditions and acknowledge full and complete acceptance of these terms.
- Copyright and Other Protection. The Site and much of the text, images, graphics, information and other content of the Site (collectively, the “Content”) are protected by copyright, trademark, and other laws. We and applicable third parties own the copyright and other rights in the Site and the Content.
- Permitted Uses. The Content is made available for your limited personal, educational, and other non-commercial fair use permitted under United States copyright law. Information on United States copyright fair use law is available from the United States Copyright Office: http://www.copyright.gov/fls/fl102.html.
- Permissions. By making the Content available, the Museum does not convey to you any license or permission to copy, distribute, perform, or display publicly or otherwise any content or image displayed, or to make derivative works from such content or image. You agree that you are solely responsible for obtaining necessary permissions, including but not limited to copyright permissions, for your use of any such content or image, and that you are responsible for paying any associated fees. The commercial reproduction of content and images from the Site is not permitted except with the express written permission of the appropriate rights holders.
- Prohibited Uses. You are prohibited from copying, displaying, publishing, distributing, transmitting, modifying, performing or otherwise using or exploiting any of the protected Content on the Site for any commercial purpose or for the purpose of making it publicly available. You are also prohibited from including any of the protected Content in a database, website, or electronic resource.
- Links to Third Party Sites. The Museum may link to third party sites which are not under the control of the Museum. These links are provided as a convenience and for informational purposes only, and they do not indicate the Museum’s endorsement, sponsorship of, or affiliation with the third party or content of the linked website, including any advertisements that may be posted. The Museum has no control over, makes no representation or warranty and bears no responsibility for the accuracy, legality or content of the externally linked sites.
- Links from Third Party Sites. If you link to the Site, you agree to present the link in a manner that does not give the impression that the Museum endorses, whether expressly or implicitly, any products, services or opinions provided on your website.
- Disclaimer. The Content is provided “as is” without a warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied.
- Indemnity. You agree to indemnify, defend, and hold the Museum and their respective trustees, officers, agents, and employees harmless from all claims, allegations, costs, expenses, fees (including reasonable legal fees), judgments, liabilities, losses and damages arising from or relating to your use of or operation of the Site or any of its Content.
- Applicable Law and Jurisdiction. By accessing or using the Site you agree that all matters arising from or relating to the use and operation of the Site will be governed by the laws of the State of California, without regard to its conflict of laws principles. You agree that all claims you may have arising from or relating to the operation or use of the Site will be heard and resolved in the courts of Santa Rosa, California. You consent to the personal jurisdiction of such courts over you, and waive and agree not to assert any objection to proceedings in such courts. If you choose to access the Site from other locations than Santa Rosa, California, you will be responsible for compliance with all local laws of such other locations.