Have fun working for PEANUTS!
Volunteering is a wonderful philanthropic gift! The donation of your time to enhance the mission of the Schulz Museum is immeasurable. The Museum is a beautiful building full of great volunteers! If you love Peanuts and want to help share the legacy of Charles M. Schulz with visitors from near and far, this is the place for you. Check out the many different ways you can help!
- Weekend Gallery Guides
- Docent Tour Guides
- Education Room Facilitators
- Gallery Monitors
- Public Greeters
- Special Events Support & Service
- Administrative Support
NEW This year: Junior Volunteer program!
Children who are already 12 and 13 years old can now become junior volunteer helpers in all of our classes. Junior Volunteers complete an application process, attend a required training, and, if chosen, select 2 or more classes in which to help during the year. Junior Volunteers will receive training, mentoring, reviews and evaluations, and the chance to develop leadership skills while working with younger campers. Please apply here. Application fee is $30 for members; $50 for non-members.
2017 Volunteer Orientations
- Friday, February 24, 3:30 – 5:30 pm — Recruiting for Monday mornings for our toddler program and museum floor positions.
- Wednesday, March 22, 4:00 – 5:30 pm — Recruiting for Monday mornings for our toddler program and museum floor positions.
- Friday, April 21, 3:30 – 5:00 pm — Recruiting for Monday mornings for our toddler program and museum floor positions.
- Wednesday, May 24, 3:30 – 5:00 pm — Students only for summer programs.
- Thursday, May 25, 3:30 – 5:00 pm — Students only for summer programs.
- Thursday, September 7, 2:00 – 3:30 pm— Recruiting for Monday mornings for our toddler program and museum floor positions.
- Wednesday, October 25, 4:00 – 5:30 pm — For anyone interested in helping with the Great Pumpkin event and winter programs.
- Friday, November 17, 3:30 – 5:00 pm — For adults and students interested in helping with winter programs.
- Wednesday, December 13, 4:00 – 5:30 pm — For adults and students interested in helping with winter programs.
All dates are subject to change, so please submit a volunteer application and then contact the Volunteer Director at (707) 284-1271 to register for an orientation.
- Recognition in the Volunteer Newsletter “Sparky’s People”
- Social events including an annual awards reception
- Discounts on Schulz Museum memberships, Museum Store purchases, Snoopy’s Gallery and Gift Shop, and the Warm Puppy Café.
- Ice skating passes by request
- Opportunities to attend field trips and outings planned by staff especially for volunteers
- Enrollment in “Sparky University”, the Volunteer Continuing Education Program
- Meaningful connection to the universal community of Peanuts fans
Bilingual volunteers are encouraged to apply. If you are fluent in any language other than English, including American Sign Language, there are often opportunities to greet visitors in their own language.
We especially need volunteers who can help on weekends and throughout the busy summer season. Serve in your community . . . and have a wonderful time in the process!
Become one of “Sparky’s” People
Charles M. Schulz was nicknamed “Sparky” after a cartoon character named “Spark Plug,” by his uncle when he was just 2 days old. To join the ranks of friendly, knowledgeable individuals—follow these easy steps:
- Complete & submit the appropriate application
- Attend a New Volunteer Orientation
- Read the volunteer handbook
- Become familiar with the Museum exhibits and the life and work of Charles M. Schulz
- Take and pass a quiz based on the most frequently asked questions
- Sign up for a minimum of two shifts per month (6-7 hours)
- Enjoy sharing the legacy of the man who brought so much joy to the world!
Please go to our full website to complete an application–applications cannot be completed on mobile devices.
Attention Student Volunteers!
Please do not ask your parents to complete you application or sign you up for an orientation. A large part of volunteering is making that initial contact yourself and going through the process of completing the application. We want to hear from YOU and learn a little bit about you, so we can offer you opportunities that suit your specific talents and needs. Thanks for making that effort! It will be very rewarding in the long run and help you with future situations.