Have fun working for PEANUTS!
We are currently looking for students 14 years and older to help us in our Museum Classroom on weekends and with fall and winter programs. If you would like to serve your community and have fun working for Peanuts, plan to attend one of our upcoming orientations! (see below)
Volunteering is a wonderful philanthropic gift! The donation of your time to enhance the mission of the Schulz Museum is immeasurable. The Museum is a beautiful building full of great volunteers! If you love Peanuts and want to help share the legacy of Charles M. Schulz with visitors from near and far, this is the place for you. Check out the many different ways you can help!
- Weekend Gallery Guides
- Docent Tour Guides
- Education Room Facilitators
- Gallery Monitors
- Public Greeters
- Special Events Support & Service
- Administrative Support
2014 Volunteer Orientations
- Wednesday, January 15, Noon – 1:30 pm
- Tuesday, February 11, 3:00 – 4:30 pm
- Thursday, March 13, 4:00 – 5:30 pm
- Tuesday, April 1, 4:00 – 5:30 pm
- Wednesday, May 14, 3:00 – 4:30 pm, ADULTS 18+ only
- Thursday, May 22, 4:00 – 5:30 pm, STUDENTS 14-18 only
- Wednesday, September 17, 3:30 – 5:00 pm
- Tuesday, October 14, 4:00 – 5:30 pm
- Thursday, November 13, 2:00 – 3:30 pm
- Wednesday, December 10, 3:30 – 5:00 pm
These dates are subject to change. Please contact the Volunteer Director at (707) 284-1271 to register
- Recognition in the Volunteer Newsletter “Sparky’s People”
- Social events including an annual awards reception
- Discounts on Schulz Museum memberships, Museum Store purchases, Snoopy’s Gallery and Gift Shop, and the Warm Puppy Café.
- Ice skating passes by request
- Opportunities to attend field trips and outings planned by staff especially for volunteers
- Enrollment in “Sparky University”, the Volunteer Continuing Education Program
- Meaningful connection to the universal community of Peanuts fans
Bilingual volunteers are encouraged to apply. If you are fluent in any language other than English, including American Sign Language, there are often opportunities to greet visitors in their own language.
We especially need volunteers who can help on weekends and throughout the busy summer season. Serve in your community . . . and have a wonderful time in the process!
Become one of “Sparky’s” People
Charles M. Schulz was nicknamed “Sparky” after a cartoon character named “Spark Plug,” by his uncle when he was just 2 days old. To join the ranks of friendly, knowledgeable individuals—follow these easy steps:
- Complete & submit the appropriate application
- Attend a New Volunteer Orientation
- Read the volunteer handbook
- Become familiar with the Museum exhibits and the life and work of Charles M. Schulz
- Take and pass a quiz based on the most frequently asked questions
- Sign up for a minimum of two shifts per month (6-7 hours)
- Enjoy sharing the legacy of the man who brought so much joy to the world!