Have fun working for PEANUTS! Everyone aged 14 and up can find opportunities to volunteer!
Volunteering is a wonderful philanthropic gift! The donation of your time to enhance the mission of the Schulz Museum is immeasurable. The Museum is a beautiful, fun place to volunteer as part of a dedicated team. If you love Peanuts and want to help share the legacy of Charles M. Schulz with visitors from near and far, this is the place for you. Check out the many different ways you can help!
- Weekend Gallery Guides
- Docent Tour Guides
- Education Room Facilitators
- Gallery Monitors
- Public Greeters
- Special Events Support & Service
- Administrative Support
The Schulz Museum is always looking for friendly, Peanuts fans, to join our Volunteer ranks. Summer is typically our busiest season. If you are 14 years and older apply to help us with an array of opportunities and programs:
Or become a Museum Visitor Services Volunteer to work throughout the year sharing and interpreting exhibits and displays. The universal appeal of Peanuts is remarkably uplifting!
Weekend shifts are 10:00 am – 1:30 pm or 1:30 pm – 5:00 pm on Saturdays, Sundays, and the occasional Holiday Monday!
Weekday shifts are also available: 11:00 am-2:00 pm or 2:00 pm-5:00 pm
Contact Volunteer Director, Rosemary Giacomini and complete and submit the appropriate application.
If you would like to volunteer with us, please submit a volunteer application and the volunteer Director, Rosemary Giacomini, will contact you to schedule an orientation and training. Thank you!
- Recognition in the Volunteer Newsletter “Sparky’s People”
- Social events including an annual awards reception
- Discounts on Schulz Museum memberships, as well as on purchases at the Museum Store, Snoopy’s Gallery and Gift Shop and the Warm Puppy Café.
- Ice skating passes by request
- Opportunities to attend field trips and outings planned by staff especially for volunteers
- Enrollment in “Sparky University”, the Volunteer Continuing Education Program
- Meaningful connection to the universal community of Peanuts fans
Bilingual volunteers are encouraged to apply. If you are fluent in any language other than English, including American Sign Language, there are often opportunities to greet visitors in their own language.
We especially need volunteers who can help on weekends and throughout the busy summer season. Serve in your community . . . and have a wonderful time in the process!
Become one of “Sparky’s” People
Charles M. Schulz was nicknamed “Sparky” after a cartoon character named “Spark Plug,” by his uncle when he was just 2 days old. To join the ranks of friendly, knowledgeable individuals—follow these easy steps:
- Complete & submit the appropriate application
- Attend a New Volunteer Orientation
- Read the volunteer handbook, and required materials
- Become familiar with the Museum exhibits and the life and work of Charles M. Schulz
- Take and pass a quiz based on the most frequently asked questions
- Sign up for a minimum of two shifts per month (6-7 hours)
- Enjoy sharing the legacy of the man who brought so much joy to the world!
Attention Student Volunteers!
You must be 14 years or older to be a Student Volunteer at the Schulz Museum. Please do not ask your parents to complete your application or sign you up for an orientation. A large part of volunteering is making that initial contact yourself and going through the process of completing the application. We want to hear from YOU and learn a little bit about you, so we can offer you opportunities that suit your specific talents and needs. Thanks for making that effort! It will be very rewarding in the long run and help you with future situations.